Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0x0000007B (0xFC1F528, 0x0000034, 0x0, 0x0)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lnd3939

lnd3939

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

I had an old dell tower with 40gb ide hard drive that booted without issue. When I try to put the hard drive into a different tower I get the stop code that is in the title. Does the this particular stop code mean anything specific?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

STOP 0x0000007B(0xF78DA63C,0x0000034,0X x0000000,0x0000000 error message if I booted with Windows XP.
Try to resolve the issue by the following actions

1. On start up (Dell logo), press F2 to enter BIOS

2. Expand the "Drives" section

3. Go to "SATA Operation"

4. Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA"

If these Fnumbers do not match, try other Fnumber to enter BIOS - This was related to another Dell set up -

#3 lnd3939

lnd3939
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

I do not know the brand of the current tower. I did not see any markings on the tower. An ASUS screen comes up and I had to press delete to enter bios. The bios is american megatrends v02.53. The only thing that I saw in the bios that mentioned raid was the onchip sata controller. It was set to disabled. I tried the other 2 options (native and raid) but still got the stop code.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

I had an old dell tower with 40gb ide hard drive that booted without issue. When I try to put the hard drive into a different tower I get the stop code that is in the title.

It is not entirely clear what you mean by that, and what exactly you are doing:
  • Are you connecting it as the one and only hard drive from which you expect the system to boot?
    • If so, then that very seldom works successfully because the hardware is most likely going to be quite different and will result in a STOP 0x7B error as you have reported.
      Basically, a Windows system hard drive cannot be taken out of one computer and put it in a different computer, and then expected to boot successfully into Windows.
  • Are you connecting it as a secondary hard drive; an additional hard drive, in conjunction with an existing primary hard drive from which the system normally boots, and you expect it to boot on this occasion?

You asked: "Does the this particular stop code mean anything specific?"

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#5 lnd3939

lnd3939
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yes it is the only hard drive. Are you saying then that there is nothing that can be done that will get this hard drive to work in this tower? I was aware that the boot device message was associated with the 0x7B stop code, although it did not come up on mine. I was referring more to the code as whole in general and the second and third lines specifically.

#6 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Are you saying then that there is nothing that can be done that will get this hard drive to work in this tower?

Pretty much, yes, that is what I am saying: There is nothing (realistically or practically) that can be done that will allow the successful use of the Windows system installation that exists on that hard drive.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users