Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lights on, No one home....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LiveLarge

LiveLarge

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

My Wife has an Acer laptop that is a couple of years old. When my wife went to bed last night she turned it off. She said it was locking up on her. She plays Facebook games so I keep the anti-virus, OS, and anti-malware up to date. We currently use Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware. The OS is Windows 7. She said that it sometimes fails to shutdown normally and she has to use the power button. When I got up this morning my daughter said that Mom's computer has a Pink Screen. What is happening is when you turn the power on, you get an instant pink screen (I'm colorblind, taking my daughter's word for it) No sound from the hard drive, no boot screen.... nothing. I hope this thing has not kicked the bucket. Recent medical issues (both wife and youngest daughter) have placed a strain on our finances. While I hope for good news I am prepared to hear the bad...

On a related note......

Is there such a thing as a reasonably priced gaming laptop? That is what my wife wants....She wants to be able to run Minecraft and fraps....Neither of our 2 laptops would be up to that task.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users