Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram or Mobo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sucideking666

Sucideking666

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi, I've been having an issue with my computer where it crashes after being on for a few minuets. I tried troubleshooting it in safemode thinking it was a virus or a software issue of some kind, but I realized it was hardware. I took it to a local computer repair place, someone I went to highschool runs it and he looked at it as a favor but couldnt give me a definitive answer, just that the test he did said it was memory. I have three sticks of 4gb, so I took it home and decided to try each stick on its own to try and find the bad stick. I tried each stick in each of the three slots (that the schematics say a single will run in) and the computer crashed each time. So I was wondering what are the chances of three sticks going bad all at once? And now I'm thinking that maybe its the Mobo. The computer worked great for over a year, this is the first major issue I've had. I was wondering if there's a way to check if its the Mobo? Thanks for reading.

The ram I have is DDR3 4GBx3 G.Skill Ripjaws
Mobo is an Asus Sabertooth X58

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sucideking666

Sucideking666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Update, I bought a 4BG stick of ram and am having the same issue. I got an error "The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000000e" I tried doing a disk check but the system crashed during the check.

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Coulld be the motherboard but I would also suspect the power supply. When it crashes what happens...lockup...blue screen??? Is it the same crash each time or is it different or random seeming??
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 Sucideking666

Sucideking666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

I get a blue screen for a second or two then it shuts down and restarts but doenst post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users