Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hobbies

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BaronMalleus

BaronMalleus

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

I know a lot of the posts are likely to be computer related, but computer lovers and geeks can get up to some interesting extracurricular activities. Me personally I build things, some big some small. I am getting ready to build a large exoskeletal costume modeled around the Hunters from the Halo franchise. But more than that it will have an internal skeleton, onto which the detail plates are going to mount allowing me to use the same skeleton for other large creature costumes. Hopefully this thing will be ready for the 2013 convention season. As for small things, I build everything from dnd dice towers to book shelves. I am looking to start building small shoulder pets (another convention staple) and possibly becoming a vendor at the convention I work for. Look us up if you want another convention to add to your experiences. MidSouth Con Last year we had physicist Ethan Siegel as one of our guests of honor for our 30th year. Year 31 promises to be just as much fun.

So that's a little about my hobbies, more to come. Now let's hear about yours.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 some1special

some1special

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

i myself like tinkering with electronic components, and robotics in general. i love seeing things move with a pish of a button

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Im a big outdoors men, hunting, fishing, hiking, shooting sports. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

i myself like tinkering with electronic components, and robotics in general. i love seeing things move with a pish of a button

Sport rocketry. I too like to see things move with the push of a button.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Mostly, when I have free time, I'm either reading or writing.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm too idle to get off my backside - I play cards, Bridge, when I am away from a computer. It's an easy game to play, a very difficult one to play well.

Other than that, I do the cooking, because I enjoy it, and read a fair bit.

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#7 BaronMalleus

BaronMalleus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

I had a hobby super score this weekend. Driving home from running errands I saw a 50" + rear projection TV on the curb. I stopped and talked to the guy throwing it away and found out he had another one in his shed. I gave him 10 bucks and stripped the two TVs down to the shells. Made it out with two concentric fresnel lenses a couple of glare screens, two sheets of acrylic, two mirrors, and six double convex lenses. The fresnels alone would have been around 150 dollars if I'd bought them online. As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

#8 rectangleeye

rectangleeye

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

I like writing music when I have time which is pretty much never, i have some tracks up on http://www.soundclick.com/rectangleeye

#9 astropaz

astropaz

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Astronomy, it's pretty much the only thing I have time for these days.

#10 CommandPrompt

CommandPrompt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Programming mostly, I used to go fly-fishing a lot, but I haven't been out in a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users