Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is slowing down.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ElderSteve

ElderSteve

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi. I have a computer which is slowing down noticably, even during startup, and am a little worried. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. Intel core duo 2CPU 2Ghz with 2GB RAM 32-bit.

It takes about 10 minutes to be sure that the system has loaded properly, and google chrome now loads quicker after closing it and restarting.

I generally clean my computer regularly using malwarebytes and superantispyware. Microsoft Security Essentials is the anti-virus software currently installed. I just don't know where else or what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

You may start reading here.

Tekken

#3 johhny

johhny

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

Hi..
There are many ways by adopting them you can boost-up performance of your PC. At the very first step delete all the unnecessary data available in your computer.
2. clean up your hard disk
3. increase the RAM memory
4. Turn-off all the visual effects.
5. go for the upgraded versions of the applications
try these steps may help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users