Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

25,000 malware hits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 arinborn

arinborn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or heard of it. Malwarebytes registered 25,000 hits. Basically 7 or 8 different virus names comes up. No root kits. I've run several other AV programs and no hits. (Besides a few pieces of adware.) I'm working with Malwarebytes to see what's up. Thanks ~ jeremy

Edit: Moved topic from Breaking Virus & Security News to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hello arinborn,are you saying YOUR MBAM logs shows 25,000 pieces of malware in it?

Or is tis some type of News. I cannot determine exactly what you are saying.

Edited by boopme, 19 July 2012 - 09:08 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

He is referring to malware on his PC.

Look at this - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=112811 - for his post on Malwarebytes Website.
Posted Image

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

AdvancedSetup has already replied and asked for a DDS log.

Since you are receiving assistance from a trained Helper on another site, you should refrain from asking for help here or anywhere else. Further, following advice outside of that thread may cause confusion for the Helper who is assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the Helper who is already providing you with assistance.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after your system has been reviewed and you have been cleared at that site, please start a new topic. If you have any questions please PM me or another moderator.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users