Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Usb Drive Not Working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nadia693

nadia693

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Hi
can anyone help me with this problem?
It started when i deleted a file from my Laptop (ntldr) by accident and i had to reload windows XP professional.

Since i have done this whenever i plug my USB memory stick into the USB port it makes a noise to show it is plugged in and the "safety remove hardware" Comes up, but does NOT show up in "My computer", and does NOT come up with the little box asking what i would like to do with it and i basically cannot open files on it.

I have tried updating the file but it says "The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed"

I'm sure it's obvious but I'm at a complete loss as i assumed it was just needing updating?
Thanks
Nadia :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

Use the device manager to delete the USB adapter/controller/root hub it is on (whatever shows a yellow or red warning mark) , then reboot and let Windows find it and reinstall it.
When you get to the choice of where to get the drivers untic everything except Windows Update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users