Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 crashing every 15 mins, Not a BSOD.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fishfishy

fishfishy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi!

I upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 ultimate 32bit the other day, and every time I start up the computer, it works fine for 15 minutes and then just crashes. It's not a BSOD, it's just a screen with lines all in it. The screens are different usually every time it crashes.

Also, after it crashes I have to manually turn it off then back on.

I didn't think this could be a virus.. it's a clean install of windows.

I've added a picture of what it looks like in the attachments.

If you need more infor just ask, PLEASE HELP!

OH yeah, the computer works perfectly FINE in safe mode, and I've run Malwayrebytes already (even though I just reinstalled the OS)

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think the problem is with either the video (graphics) drivers or the graphics card itself.

Are you able to use Windows normally (won't work in Safe Mode) long enough to get some more information for us?

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.

This is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.
Q ... desktop computer or a laptop ?

Edited by AustrAlien, 19 July 2012 - 09:26 PM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 Matty Lowe

Matty Lowe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I had a similar problem and corrected it by downloading my computer manufacturer original video driver for XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users