Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Intel Core i7 processor bringing my system to a crawl...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Evan H

Evan H

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hi,

I just bought and installed a new Intel Core i7-2600 (not i7-2600k) processor to upgrade my old Intel Core i3-2120. The BIOS immediately recognized it as the Intel Core i7-2600 processor at 3.4 GHz. Once Windows 7 had booted, it said I needed to restart to install the drivers. I restarted, and as I've started using my computer I'm noticing that it is absolutely crawling. Programs are running much slower than they were just this morning. I ran my standard set of benchmarks, and they are all significantly lower (except Windows Experience Index, which didn't change at all). Novabench dropped from 731 to 510, but at the same time it came up with an outrageous 560 fps for graphics. PC Mark dropped all the way to 1530. I don't understand it at all. I'm not overclocking any hardware or using any sort of out of the ordinary setup.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or what I can do? I haven't installed any new software. I'll be checking this topic frequently. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Computer Specs:
Dynex 520 watt Power supply
2 x 4 GB RAM
2 x 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD
Intel Core i7-2600 at 3.4 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 440 OEM

That's all I know off the top of my head, I bought this custom-built at a local computer store.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users