Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logs Are Clean

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

Ok here is the deal. I had OT look at my HJT logs as a second oponion and they were clean. He also had me use one of his programs and we took care of that. The thing is however, that about every week SpyFalcon keeps re-appearing. I am the only one who uses this computer, and in the past month I have used it only for Computer-Help forums, Email (the email is only used for Forum, and Myspace notifications), and Minor internet browsing. The only downloading I have made, are sequrity updates.

Is it possible that I have an open connection that I am unaware of? I have not allowed any unkown programs access to the internet, but I keep getting infections.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
WlkingMan

Edited by WlkingMan, 07 March 2006 - 04:20 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

Hey WlkingMan

Firstly can you tell me what sort of protection you have running on the computer - in terms of AV/firewall etc... Also, it is possible that even though your HijackThis log may be clean, that some files have been hiding. I think that some newer files from spyfalcon can be hidden from HJT. Another thing, what do you mean by "SpyFalcon keeps re-appearing" - do you mean entries are flagged in the scan, or a full blown infection with Hijacked desktop etc....

Let me know...
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users