Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

combofix resque bootable cd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luigilerma

luigilerma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hello everybody , i have been able to remove infected systems , many times , either for private and also in some business environment Pcs usig Combofix .
I'm steel asking myself how can BleepingComputer, offering such a marvellous tool for free! Many thanks to bleeping , you are great !

The Questions :
I'm trying to discover , in case of a virus, that is preventing the "safe mode " starting of windows , if there is a sort of Combofix resque CD to start the system from , and then running the tool
that works on the windows instance, installed in the PC.

I know that Combofix is the most powerful ( and risky to use ) removal tool around , but in case of a system that is no longer working , the worst case would be not being able to use the system also AFTER the tool usage .
In this case it is enaught starting an operating system with BART ( for example ), saving the data to an USB drive , then formatting and reinstalling the OS. This is the POV of an IT one of course .

Many thansks , bye bye .

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm steel asking myself how can BleepingComputer, offering such a marvellous tool for free!

Please note that the writer of the program sUBs is the one that has kindly provided the program, along with warnings and disclaimers.
You may note that there are only very sites few world wide that csn provide the download and get the required updated versions
Also as with any Malware removal tool this program is updated on a very regular basis, and the current version must be used
Any alterations to the settings / methods described in the tutorial are not / have not been given his OK or backing and are done at your own risk

If any other method is used, and for example, the program stalls at, say item 30, you may end up with a totally unbootable computer.
All data on that computer may be wiped and you are back to a totally empty system that is unbootable (even with a Barts).

If you ever transferred this to a CD or USB drive, there only needs to be one speck of dust on the CD to render the program & computer useless
For this reason alone, there is no other way to use the program, except for the listed instructions given with the guide -

Thank you for your interest -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users