My name is M-K-D-B
and I'll help you with the cleanup of your computer.Please be aware of the following:
- Please complete all steps in the specified order.
- Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
- Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
- Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
- If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 3 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
- I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. Formatting is usually faster and always the safest way.
- If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
- As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please start Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the Log tab and post content of the logfile.
I have tried running Malwarebytes and hasn't helped
Did you notice those redirects only when surfing with Mozilla Firefox or with other internet browsers as well?
After that, I would like you to follow these steps:Step 1
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HEREStep 2
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Do not
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Step 3
Please download aswMBR
to your desktop.
What you should post with your next answer:
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
- Click the Scan button to start the scan
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
- the logfile(s) from Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware,
- an answer to my question,
- both logfiles from DDS,
- the logfile from aswMBR,
- any further information that seems to be important in your eyes.