Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft sets Windows 8 launch for Oct. 26, 2012

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

Microsoft sets Windows 8 launch as Oct. 26
Microsoft today announced that it will start selling Windows 8 on Friday, Oct. 26, a little more than three months from now.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9229342/Microsoft_sets_Windows_8_launch_as_Oct._26

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

3 months and 3 days from today until October 26th
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Or 95 Days Countdown to Windows 8 Launch

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

and it keeps getting closer and closer
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#5 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

According to Gabe Newell, Windows 8 is a catastrophe for PC game makers.

#6 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm itching to see how poorly it does in sales. I doubt I'll be upgrading, but who knows I'll wait and see how it does first. :wink:

#7 Chris Appleyard

Chris Appleyard

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Windows 8.. Still... seems a little crap because you NEED a touch screen PC for it to work correctly, Witch no one owns and people love a mouse and keyboard, hence games.. I expect Microsoft is going to bring out another OS like Windows 8 for Normal PCs.. "Windows 8 X" or something, do people agree with me?
Thanks,
Chris

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
-Nelson Mandela

Windows 7 Home Premium | AMD Athlon II 250 Dual Core CPU | 4.0 RAM Kingston | Nvidia GT 520 | Elite Group MCP61M-M3 Motherboard | COMODO Firewall | Avast! Free | Google Chrome.

#8 Bloemkool

Bloemkool

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

OMG, 26th of October, people tells me Summer of '13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users