Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slowing Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 12339623

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

Some programs open fine (instantly) like Chrome, but most of my programs do not open for minutes (even to 10) at a time. By the time the applications (like Explorer or Firefox) I would already have moved on, and would not notice it open. At first I thought it was because I downloaded the game Warcraft III Frozen Throne. I honestly thought it was the computer itself and not a virus especially when RKill (explorer.exe, iexplorer.exe) and SUPERAntiSpyware would not find anything, but Microsoft Security would close randomly (Alerts in my toolbox). I have been debating using Lenovo Recovery to just put the laptop back to factory setting (though I'm not sure if it even works). This situation has gone on for around a week or two now. My desktop has black with no for the second time (the first time i used system restore in safe mode). I can open task manager, but nothing can be activated or opened.

Edited by 12339623, 19 July 2012 - 03:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12339623

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

My computer has to use a repair with system restore after turning the computer on once. It is working again like before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users