Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell1537 media panel don't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kris99

Kris99

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

I have a dell Studio 1537 with vista on it. I had it for about 4 years now. Just this past winter my Media Panel that is above the keyboard stopped working. When I try to tap on the volume things it doesn't glow or respond. It seems that the whole panel had went out even where the wifi and bluetooth indicator that is right above the delete key. HOW DO I FIX IT???????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

If you are comfortable with fixing things, see this link and follow the instruction http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1537/en/sm/keyboard.htm

Tekken

#3 Saurabh A

Saurabh A

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi Kris99,

My name is Saurabh.

There are primarily two possible reasons why the media control panel located above the keyboard is not working.

1) Quick set utility is not installed in the system. Kindly go ahead and try installing the appropriate quick-set utility. If system has Windows Vista 32 bit operating system, please download and install the utility by clicking this link: http://dell.to/P9Ebpq
And if the operating system is 64 bit, use the following link: http://dell.to/Mutqif

Note: To check the operating system detail, please Click Start , type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
The operating system is displayed as follows:

> For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
> For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.

2) If none of the light indicators are displaying light, could suggest a disconnected cable from the motherboard.

Kindly try performing the first step and see if that works.

Thanks & Regards
Saurabh_A

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 06:49 AM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users