Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access email

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1hammerhead

1hammerhead

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

I sign-in to MSN, just fine. I get directed to MSN Home Page. It shows my name, the sign-out and the Hotmail buttons(including my current email count). When I click on the inbox or live buttons Nothing works. On the Hotmail button: in the address bar I get:
https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1342662277&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx%3Frru%3Dinbox&lc=1033&id=64855&mkt=en-us&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1

Then, it switches to:
https://snt126.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox. The connection has timed out. The server at snt126.mail.live.com is taking too long to respond.

Everyother button on MSN works perfectly! I went to LOGIN123.COM. They brought up a page that showed a menu of MSN items, many showed "STOPPED" for $109.99, they said they'd fix it. I lost my job last April, I can't afford them. I really need my email, I've been sending out resumes...Nice to check for responses, et al.

I tried several different PC's and different browsers, same thing.
So, HELP!!!
Thanks in advance!

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2012 - 06:55 AM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

many showed "STOPPED" for $109.99, they said they'd fix it.

Hi -
Was this a quote from a repair man, or from a pop-up program on your system ??
$109.99 seems like a very odd number, so I was just wondering where it actually came from -

Thank You -
EIDIT >> I went to LOGIN123.COM << Was there an Asian / Indian sounding person there ??
I think this is a SCAM a company called 247 pc care.
[url="http://whocallsme.com/~sys~/r/?eu=wLtF2Yz1SZyF2YtMGctcDNy8COw8CNw8SMxAjMvsWdu82YuMnclR3c1JmbvN2LvoDc0RHa"]http://conbusters.co.uk/2011/04/08/247-pc-care-scam/[/url]
It is an Indian call centre who wants you to pay for a virus scan and updates.
They ask for your card details and PC ip address. DONT part with these details.

Edited by noknojon, 18 July 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#3 1hammerhead

1hammerhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

One more thought...If there was a virus, it must be in every computer I have tried...and all other MSN functions still work...and all other email acc'ts still work...

#4 1hammerhead

1hammerhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

the price was from a dial-up repairman at LOGIN123.COM...

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hello -
Did you in any way allow that "repair company" person to gain access to your computer, or did you just hang up on them ??
They brought up a page that showed a menu of MSN items, many showed "STOPPED" << I can show you a page on my XP that has 1,000 errors listed and that is normal

LOGMEIN123.com is a scam run by rogues that try to access your computer for personal details - Lets have a quick look to see if they got in -

Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files
List Restore Points

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Next: Please download Farbar Service Scanner Save to desktop and run it
•Make sure the following options are checked:
  • Internet Services
  • Windows Firewall
  • System Restore
  • Security Center
  • Windows Update
  • Windows Defender
•Press "Scan".
•It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
•Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
Click on the following link below to open ESET OnlineScan
Download ESET online Scanner this will take a while to load the base program and then the updated definitions
You be prompted to "disable" not delete any installed antivirus programs for this to run - Accept all prompts and press Scan
Post any results back here

This will do for a start, then we can run further scans later if needed -

#6 1hammerhead

1hammerhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

oH, boy! This is getting exciting...first 2 days ago, it just started working, again...after several attempts. The snag on the LOGIN123 site is I was on a friends laptop at the time. I'll see him 2morrow and run the scans then...Thanks for your help!
PS I'll post the results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users