Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD upon windows boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mai_hnf

mai_hnf

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

My laptop is running windows xp. It works like charm until recently, i had accidently opened the boot setting (f10) when the laptop was about to start up. And for some reason i accidently select the 'restore default setting' or something along the lines and confirmed it. Ever since that mistake, my laptop just refuse to start up. Its gos like this. Turn on> windows xp loading> bsod > turn on > so on in a merry go round way. I sent my laptop tp technician and he asked me for some bucks to replace the HD. Is there any other way?. Pls help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 th3p00r

th3p00r

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

you need to go back into the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to ATA if it seleted AHCI. Or if it selected ATA then you need to change it to AHCI.

Edited by th3p00r, 19 July 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#3 mai_hnf

mai_hnf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

SRy im such a noob. Could u pls give step by step guide to get there? i went to f10 setting several time yet failed to find those u mentioned. Some does says sata and all but the only option are to enable to disable. Im lost. Sry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users