Thanks for this forum. Thought I would share on how (I think) I have removed my google redirect.
Noticed the redirect problem a couple days ago. My computer does have AVG Free and Malwarebytes Free.
I scanned with the following AVG Free, Malwarebytes Free, TDSSKiller, Kaspersky Free Virus Scan, MS Safety Scanner but they did not find anything.
My host file was large and I used the following to reset it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034.
It reduced the frequency (I think) but still had the redirect.
I just used Nortonís Power Eraser and it found xckor.dll which it removed. Interestingly, there is not alot of info on xckor.dll when searched with google.
Too soon to tell if it really fixed my problem but wanted to provide another data point to this group.