Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run As window keeps appearing during logon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SuddenlySarah

SuddenlySarah

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

For the past week I have had an issue with my computer. Each time I logon the icons appear in the taskbar as normal and then suddenly a window will pop up saying Run As... It's the same kind of window that appears whenever you would right click on a program and select the 'Run As' option.
It only happens when those who are 'computer administrators' logon and I have gone into the start up menu to see which programs are attempting to start up during logon but I've found nothing.

Here are a few recent details about my computer:
I'm currently using Windows XP/service pack 3, my internet explorer is up to date, the computer itself is 5 years old and I have recently installed several items of software that I am now in the process of removing. These include Freesmith media player, Pazera audio extractor and an autoruns program, all of which were downloaded through CNET.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuddenlySarah

SuddenlySarah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Just to add that since I've removed these programs everything has since gone back to normal and the screen hasn't appeared. My guess is that something I'd downloaded was conflicting with software already on my computer as several virus scans both in normal and safe modes came up with nothing. Sorry to have been a bother and thank you for your time. :thumbup2:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

Glad you resolved it, thanks for the feedback...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users