Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

This latest version of Flash Player is a real clunker! It keeps crashing - especially when loading Facebook games. I've read that this latest version is a combo 32 bit and 64 bit. It works fine on my 64 bit laptop, but it's hell on my 32 bit desktop - which is what gets used the most. I'm guessing the 64 bit is trying to take over. Anyway it can be disabled? It does the same whether running IE9 or Firefox (yes I know they are different downloads for each web browser, but they both have the same problem). I even went back to Firefox 13 but no change. So, it has to be Flash that is the culprit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

It darn sure was bigger than the old one. Firefox 14 and WIn7 64bit.

It loaded this morning. Shortly thereafter it crashed when I looking at a security video on YouTube.

I'm hoping it will be better after a restart.

I was able to hit reload and the video played OK then.

One step forward and two steps back.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 lindaga35

lindaga35

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I have been having the same problem, its driving me nuts! ive uninstall and re installed but nothing works. ive had to go back to using IE which works most of the time. it has to reload a couple of times in games.

i know fire fox was having a lot of problems since the update.

ive tried to post about it in the fire fox forums but i got to help.

#4 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I would LOVE to know if there's any good solutions to this problem... I've been trying to search for answers ever since flash 11.3 came out... it caused me so much trouble with facebook games, I reverted back to an older version of flash. Then 11.4 came out and I decided to give it another go... same thing. Facebook games just don't run well... SLOW... crashing sometimes, etc...
11.3, and still with 11.4, introduced its own plugin container... firefox already has a plugin container... why does flash need its own? Only the version with the plugin container have caused me trouble... AND, in task manager there are TWO instances of the flash plugin container. I'm not sure if this is what is causing the problem but I'd sure love to have my software be up to date and not have to worry about it causing more problems than the old versions.
Windows 7 always up to date.. Firefox always up to date...
I don't want to revert back to an older version again but if things keep acting the way they do, I might just have to.
I decided to respond here to watch the topic and hope the topic gets more attention I guess.

#5 bignurse

bignurse

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Have a similar problem in that for me Firefox 15 and Adobe flash 11.4 crash only on my Vista Home computers (32 bit) and runs fine on my Windows 7 Home (64 bit). I have not tried it with IE yet since I do not normally use it. Nothing shows up with full scans with Norton anti-virus or Malwarebytes. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. None of the suggestions on either the Mozilla or Adobe have had any impact on the behavior. I have noticed that the crashes on Firefox were very site specific and on other sites flash would start properly and then would work with no problems on the problem sites. What I see is when it starts on a problem site is that it starts then closes with windows saying that DEP closed it while on other sites it starts normally. Is it possible that some corrupt script on the problem site is causing it to crash? The only recourse I have at this time is either staring Firefox and going to a "good" site (usually Adobe) or using an alternate browser for that site. Any suggestions?

#6 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Dealing with the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users