Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my Vista password

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dbates

dbates

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Quite awhile ago, I purchased a used PC with Vista on it. Because it was used, there was no recovery disk, but there seems to be a genuine Microsoft Vista sticker on it, so I believe that the Vista installation isn't pirated.

I've had the machine for a long time, but used it from a bootable CD for other purposes, and so didn't use the Vista installation on the hard disk at all. Now I want to boot up to Vista, but it's been so long that I've forgotten the main account password.

Of course, there's no password recovery disk, so I'm at a loss to figure out how to get into this machine.

There's isn't really any valuable data on the machine, so if I have to wipe it clean to get it operational again, that's okay; I'm just trying to figure out how to do this with the least amount of work possible. And if I have to reinstall Windows, I'm not sure how to do that, with no DVD media, and no readily apparent license key. Not to mention the hassle of trying to find the relevant drivers for the motherboard, video card, sound card, etc. etc.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johhny

johhny

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hi...
some free Windows recovery tools available on the Internet are PC Login Now, Kon-Boot, LCP, Ophcrack,Cain & Abeland many more. you can crack your password with our accessing your operating system.
ISO images of the password recovery tools are available on the Internet and Burn it into CD. upload in to your PC, it automatically crack the password and help you in locating the user account.
hope this solution will help you in recovering the password.

#3 mrgeek

mrgeek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

If you download the hiren boot cd from this link http://www.hirensbootcd.org/tag/download-hirens-bootcd/ and make a usb or cd you can reset the windows password.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

If you download the hiren boot cd from this link http://www.hirensbootcd.org/tag/download-hirens-bootcd/ and make a usb or cd you can reset the windows password.

Bad idea, such downloads are entangeled in legal snares.

See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382841.html .

Louis

#5 dbates

dbates
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Many thanks for all the suggestions, folks!

Much appreciated; I'll get busy.

Thanks again to all who take the time to submit answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users