Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Advise On Website Design Software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 SFB

SFB

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

OK, I'm going to open Pandora's box by asking this question. What is the best web design software upgrade for my particular need?

1- I am well versed in using FP 2000 to work several church websites that are currently published online. I am computer and software literate. But in a self taught environment I do not wish to spend the time to learn a complicated program without a manual or a detailed help menu. That is because Church = Non-profit = Mostly volunteering.
2- It is important that new software isn't so complicate that I can't teach an "assistant WM" to do what I would do with it.
3- I've ruled out website builder programs in favor of website creation programs. The former category is easy to use and easy to teach, but they limit one's creativity in doing a web page. It's "do it my way or else."
4- WordPress looks to be easy to use, but it appears to be more for Blog site use than doing "real" websites. I have also researched WebEasy Pro. The advertising looks good, but I don't believe everything I read until someone else verifies it. I have looked into Expression software, but it appears that I could just go with FP 2003 so as to have an easier learning curve.
5- Cost is an issue. Somewhere on the south side of $500. The farther south the better, but one gets what they pay for.
6- The program needs to be WYSIWYG. I can do HTML, but the aforementioned 'assistances' won't be able to do that.

So to sum this all up: I need a step up from FP 2000, that I can learn fairly easily, and then train someone else to use.

I appreciate any advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

There are quite a few similar topics in this section already. Have you looked at any of those? There are quite a few free apps that are adequate.

No matter the software, there is going to be a learning curve. That said, I have heard good things about Web Matrix, although I have never used it.

#3 SFB

SFB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

There are quite a few similar topics in this section already. Have you looked at any of those? There are quite a few free apps that are adequate.

No matter the software, there is going to be a learning curve. That said, I have heard good things about Web Matrix, although I have never used it.

Yes sir, I did. Most of the posts I read thru are at least 2-3 years old. The ones that are more current are about Template based websites and that won't help me. If you have a suggestion on where I can go inside the site to find something current, it would be helpful. In the mean time, I'll check out Web Matrix. Thanks

#4 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Wordpress is good but if you want more proffesional something and if you know html well you can use Dreamweaver which is the pioneer at this area(Web design).

#5 craigbass76

craigbass76

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Geany.  Cross platform and simple to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users