Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sudden System Crashs and Slowdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dominicus

Dominicus

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

I have a HP G series notebook and as of last Thursday I started getting insane amounts of slowdown. Even in the lock screen where I type my password in has lag. After a day of this I shut off my computer for several hours and performed a full virus scan with Malware Bytes and nothing was found. Soon after that my Laptop started to crash. I Re-booted several times and the problem persists. Ill log in (slowly) and access any program but within 5-10 minutes the PC will lock up.
I truly have zero idea how this happened. I haven't installed, downloaded or added any sort of software program or files recently. I haven't dropped, wet or damage my laptop recently either. The last thing I did before all this happened was I synced my Xbox 360 to my Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player so I could listen to music while I play. After all the craziness started happening I deleted all my music from the media center and turned off the syncing function but the problems escalated from there.
Any help, advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akaUriel

akaUriel

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

This situation sounds very similar to an infection and MBAM may not necessarily locate every virus/malware out there.
I would try installing another utility, such as SUPER Anti-Spyware, and scanning with that as well.
The sudden nature of the issue means it is probably virus related.

Although unlikely it may be a hardware issue.
Bad hard drives can cause similar issues, but they tend to go bad more gradually, unless they receive external damage.

Edited by akaUriel, 17 July 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

Louis

#4 Dominicus

Dominicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I downloaded SUPER Anti Spyware and ran a full scan. It found 83 malicious item that I immediately removed. After the reboot the problems still persist. Extreme slowdown, lock ups and all kinds of wacky behavior that I have never experienced before.

Its not just my browser thats running slow its pretty much my entire laptop. From the lock screen where I type my password in to opening up a program. No matter what it is I click it takes a long time. I am still going to clean my laptop though because it is in dire need of some internal cleaning.
Any other ideas?
I will report back after my cleaning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users