Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hullo !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mac_id

mac_id

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

Hi Guys
This is my first ever posting so be gentle ;) I've decided to join a forum seeking advice about a couple of things... Firstly a friend of mine installed XP over Windows 98 and deleted 2yrs worth of family photos. (and no he didn't back up ... That's why he was installing XP + DVD writer.Long story.) Anyway, I've spent time over the last week and have recovered about 300 out of 760 photos. So partly there. Any suggestions on retrieving more would restore my faith in PCs (and my neighbour ;) I used Photo Resue Professional.

Secondly, I've got a pesky Adware called Surfsidekick which is proving to be a pain to get rid of. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
mac

Edited by mac_id, 07 March 2006 - 08:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

Welcome to BC!
You are asking really two very different questions, so I suggest you break these up and post each of them in an appropriate forum. I am surprised you could retreive that many photos; he should consider himself lucky.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! mac_id.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic