Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rkill didn't terminate any malware processes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaylehayes

kaylehayes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

On virusremoval.guidemytech.com I made it to the step to download Rkill. I went through each link and none of them terminated any malware processes. The video said when it shows the terminated processes to continue to the next step. What do I need to do? Do I need to continue to the next step anyways? Thanks everyone!

P.S. Sorry if I'm on the wrong board (just need some help!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akaUriel

akaUriel

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

RKill will only terminate processes which are known to interfere with Anti-Malware/Virus utilities.
If it isn't terminating anything, it means that none of the processes it is looking for are running.

It seems the guide you are on assumes that you are using an infected machine, or at least have access to one to follow the steps.
If you're running this on a clean machine, RKill and most AV's should come back clean, which is generally a good thing.
The steps listed within that guide are just general strategies for removing an active virus.

Edited by akaUriel, 17 July 2012 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users