Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1clickdownloader & friends.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 astropaz

astropaz

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi all,

As the title suggests I have managed to get 1clickdownloader on my PC and I can't get rid of it and I suspect it's playing a bit of havoc.
I think(but am not sure) that it is also responsible for uploading My Start incredibar, babylon search and tool bar, yontoo and maybe a few other things. All of these things I can't get rid of as they appear again on re-starting the PC.
At times the PC is running slowly and takes forever to actually switch on and just now avast blocke 3 attempts to unpack a file called unpack.sdupk .

I have run Malwarebytes, SAS and avast and all show no infection. I have tried a number of online guides to get rid of 1clickdownloader but lots lead you in the wrong direction.
The last thing I tried before posting here was this...... http://www.malwareexperts.com/1click-downloader-removal-guide/
...however when it came to downloading rkill it always said "Installation failed".

So that's basically it, I would really like to get rid of this but can't do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paz.

EDIT:

It would appear that something I have done has removed most of the above from my computer, however at times the PC is still running slower than ever and I'm still getting those same malicious threat blocked "unpack.sdupk" which coincide with the slow PC.

Also in my travels I decided to uninstall firefox and when I try and reinstall it it always gets to about 90% and stops.
I also uninstalled opera but the PC is so slow I haven't tried to reinstall that.

Edited by astropaz, 17 July 2012 - 12:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users