Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Check if im infected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rezkon

Rezkon

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hey all, im just posting to ask how to check if im infected just to make sure my computer is safe as i use internet banking abit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hi -
Have you been reading all the Pinned Topics at the head of this section of the forum yet ??
Quietman7 has many topics about how to cover yourself with Antivirus (paid or free versions), Firewalls, Active Antimalware programs, like Malwarebytes AntiMalware Pro version and several other examples of these programs.
Do you think there may be a problem, or are you just generally asking a question ??

Thank You -

#3 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

START HERE: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic407147.html

Then read > THIS < and then > THIS AS WELL <

After you're a bit up to date, I would advice to check if you can carry out any of the tutorials from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/security/

Making sure your Active AV and software is up to date would be rather advisable as well.

\0/
-Sec

#4 Rezkon

Rezkon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

I have AVG And mbam and i run them a fair amount but i just want to make sure my computer is safe as it can be as there is a possibly MBAM or/And AVG doesn't see them all

#5 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

AVG is not the best AV package available IMHO.

You could also check the F-Secure RescueCD, it boots under it's own OS, giving the scanner full access to the regular OS.
See: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/removal/rescue-cd

Also, if you read the tutorial-link above, you'll find that there is a lot more that can be done to harness a system against malware.

\0/
-Sec

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Do you have MBAM Pro (active) version ? or SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (active) version ?
MBAM Free version is a "clean up tool" and not an active protection tool -

Also (only personally) I would prefer ESET paid Antivirus, Kaspersky Pure, and a few others, over AVG antivuris at this time.

But remember, I did say Personally, and I am not backing this with current data at the moment -

Please read the listed / Pinned items at the top of this area by the Experts -

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

You can always get a second opinion by performing an Online Virus Scan.Eset Online Anti-virus Scanner is one of the more effective ones.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users