Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having searious issues - please help

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 johnymaine

johnymaine

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Kind of a long story -

I've owned this hp desktop pc for 2 or 3 years. One day about a month ago I decided to duel boot linux just to try it out. The system installed then was hp's windows 7 home edition. After some issues that lead to not being able to start the computer in either linux or windows 7 I decided to try the built in recovery manager since hp didn't send a system disk with the computer. (this is happening more and more with most computer companies it's honestly a worse way to do things IMHO) Anyways I ended up formating all three partitions to install linux since the recovery manager was no help at all. After deciding linux wasn't going to cut it hp decided to deny my request for a win 7 installation disk. So I had to spend 100 some odd dollars on windows 7 professional because the local story was out of home edition at the time. (I have no patience whatsoever)

On to the actual problem. Windows 7 pro is working fine accept the most important part SOUND! For someone that listens to a lot of music and is an avid gamer I need the sound to work correctly. No matter what I'm doing music, netflix, games, ect the sound completely glitches out every 5 seconds or so. This lead me to believe drivers needed updating so I went over to the hp website to download the realtek hd audio mannager (that's what home edition used and worked flawlessly) this unfortunately didn't help at all. Next I tried microsofts audio managers "auto detect/solve problems" feature. It advised me to raise the volume which didn't work at all. Actually all it mannaged to do was piss me off even more.

Is it so much to ask for a operating system to work once installed and updated? Seriously,

Can anyone out there help? I'm so stressed and tweaking over this it isn't funny.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

Can you post the computer model or Publish a snapshot using Speccy. Did it worked flawlessly before?

Tekken

#3 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

Ever since installing windows 7 pro it hasn't worked right.

Edited by johnymaine, 17 July 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

Hi -

jhayz actually requested for a Speccy link to be posted, that was the Blue shortcut / link -
Post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy =<<Follow These Directions

Thank You -

#5 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi -

jhayz actually requested for a Speccy link to be posted, that was the Blue shortcut / link -
Post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy =<<Follow These Directions

Thank You -

Ok here is the speccy snapshot link. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/iBBr8AB1OjKamD7578MIhSq this is right after start up so the temps are usually higher. Sorry for the mixup.

Edited by johnymaine, 17 July 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Do you hear stuttering sounds when playing mp3 file music only or just one audio activity?

Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-65P6B0 SCSI Disk Device (RAID)

I am also looking on this part which could relate to a software driver or setting needs disabled.

Tekken

#7 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Do you hear stuttering sounds when playing mp3 file music only or just one audio activity?

Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-65P6B0 SCSI Disk Device (RAID)

I am also looking on this part which could relate to a software driver or setting needs disabled.

It happens when listening to youtube music and is really bad when playing diablo 3. However it doesn't seem to be as bad when listening to mp3 files. Pretty much it stutters under all kinds of sound with varying difficulties.

#8 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

So is anyone going to help or what? At the vary least point me to a more useful forum.

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Sorry for not getting back at you. Can you post the computer model next time?

hp website to download the realtek hd audio mannager (that's what home edition used and worked flawlessly

I am not sure what you mean home edition of what windows edition here that is why we need to see if its really a driver problem.
Speccy reports that you have Windows Defender - Enabled along with these.

Running:
NVIDIA Display Driver Service
Running:
NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service
Running:
NVIDIA Update Service Daemon
Disable these startup services and check on the difference. Type services on Start button, search programs and files box. Double click each item and then disable. Reboot computer.

Tekken

#10 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

did you go to HP website ,using your model # ans search and get the correct sound drivers for
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Edited by caperjac, 21 July 2012 - 05:46 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#11 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

Sorry for not getting back at you. Can you post the computer model next time?

hp website to download the realtek hd audio mannager (that's what home edition used and worked flawlessly

I am not sure what you mean home edition of what windows edition here that is why we need to see if its really a driver problem.
Speccy reports that you have Windows Defender - Enabled along with these.

Running:
NVIDIA Display Driver Service
Running:
NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service
Running:
NVIDIA Update Service Daemon
Disable these startup services and check on the difference. Type services on Start button, search programs and files box. Double click each item and then disable. Reboot computer.

Computer model = HP Pavilion p6520f Desktop PC

Yes I meant windows 7 home edition. Why would the sound work fine for home edition and not professional? As stated before the sound did work fine when windows 7 home edition was installed after upgrading to windows 7 was when the problems started. The only read difference is the home edition of windows that was installed was HP's with their added programs and drivers. To try and fix this I went to HP's website and downloaded their audio driver. Unfortunately this didn't help at all.

Disabling the above three services didn't affect the sound quality.

#12 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

did you go to HP website ,using your model # ans search and get the correct sound drivers for

Yes I did it didn't fix the issue. Maybe this is because I no longer have an HP version of windows?

#13 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

Yes I did it didn't fix the issue. Maybe this is because I no longer have an HP version of windows?

no, the fact its not the original hp install would not matter i clean install Brand name laptops all the time ,usually only have problems with webcams and a few other devices .but always get it in the end
i install all different win7 versions on my computer [just because i can ] recently had problem with sound on a Acer laptop installing win7 enterprise ,why ,not sure ,but it finally worked for me ,just didn't seem to install corectly ,
anyway ,try right click on the drive and run as Admin ,maker sure to restart computer when it asks
this seems to be correct driver for you .
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-82990-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=4216278&sw_lang=

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#14 johnymaine

johnymaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

no, the fact its not the original hp install would not matter i clean install Brand name laptops all the time ,usually only have problems with webcams and a few other devices .but always get it in the end
i install all different win7 versions on my computer [just because i can ] recently had problem with sound on a Acer laptop installing win7 enterprise ,why ,not sure ,but it finally worked for me ,just didn't seem to install corectly ,
anyway ,try right click on the drive and run as Admin ,maker sure to restart computer when it asks
this seems to be correct driver for you .
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-82990-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=4216278&sw_lang=

This is the exact driver I have installed currently...

#15 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

You installed the correct driver as stated from the link provided.

Disabling the above three services didn't affect the sound quality

Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled. Can you also try reinstalling again the realtek audio but this time right-clicking the installer - Properties - Compatibility tab/mode - then run this program on Win 7 or Vista. Only if after disabling windows defender did not help ( reference from a user in this thread).

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users