Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New here and I got a few ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allthegoodonesweretaken

Allthegoodonesweretaken

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:36 PM

I got a hijacker and I'm following a post by Grinler at:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3932/how-to-remove-the-cws-swapx-httptswapxcc/

This is for real right? and won't Bleep my computer forever?

I also had a few general agrivating Windows problems, prolly easy answers like: how do I turn off my windows media automatic startup?

anyway any advice would be helpful thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allthegoodonesweretaken

Allthegoodonesweretaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

alright if anyone knows about this topic i can't get the file to delete with the killbox program. In step 4. b. do you use c:\windows\system32\ or c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ in the delete option??

help

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:49 PM

Welcome to BC "Allthegoodonesweretaken" :thumbsup:

It's a valid tutorial. Address anything you are unsure of or have a problem with here.

One of the HJT team or a Mod with get back with you.

Please realize they are all volunteers and it may take a few minutes.

regards,
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:35 PM

alright if anyone knows about this topic i can't get the file to delete with the killbox program. In step 4. b. do you use c:\windows\system32\ or c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ in the delete option??

Hi, ATGOWTaken, and yup, it's for real. Real tough one, in some ways... I was helping someone yesterday with one very similar. Listen, the answer is that you delete the .dll that is listed under 020 with the Killbox. The C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\ Temp folders? Delete them and you Bleep your computer forever. You're right.

I would go into it further, but no, please. I know how to help, but without the HJT log that we both can see and refer to, and knowing this problem always comes with a few others that vary from pC to PC, I can't.

The one I did yesterday? Probably done, but still not completed yet, and that is important. It takes some time, often longer than just scrappin' the current OS load and starting over. Do that, and it's only a few hours. Presto, fresh windows whatever. But doing that causes a lotta extra time on your part, putting all the custom stuff you've done since last reloading a fresh OS. Saving all your data, all your favorites, all your passwords and of course, all your programs and any logs/reports/game scores etc. you have on your present OS load. So, instead we "surgically remove" the bad stuff, completly and then you're good to go. Many steps, sometimes, to avoid bleepin' your computer.

I admire your willingness to do the self-help, but consider maybe postin' yours and let us take a little pressure off. of you. Post a new topic at HJT log analysis section (forum) if you like. Figure 48 hours maybe less. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users