Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is My Copy of Office 2007 Pirated?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rvan801

Rvan801

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

I bought a copy of Office 2007 about a year ago on eBay, and am starting to suspect that it is not a legitimate copy. I noticed today that the company name for all the documents I've created since last year is Grizli777, which apparently is one potential indication of a pirated copy. My questions are:

1.) Is there a way to confirm for certain that my copy of Office 2007 is counterfeit? I don't have the CD or packaging on hand, unfortunately.
2.) If I were to buy a genuine copy of Office and uninstall what I have now, would there then be any issue opening the documents that I've created in the last year using the (supposedly) pirated copy?

I appreciate any help at all, and feel free to let me know if any other details would be helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akaUriel

akaUriel

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

• You can check the Product ID of your Office Suite using the guide here.
    Then you can contact MS Office support and they should be able to determine the status of the key for you.
  • You shouldn't have an issue opening any of your documents with a valid copy of Office.

Edited by akaUriel, 17 July 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#3 Rvan801

Rvan801
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for your help the other day, akaUriel, and it seems I will be buying a new version of Office 2007 after all. Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users