Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blackscreen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bj24

bj24

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

i got my computer from my sis inlaw and it was slow so my friend pressed f11 alot and rebooted the computer an cleared everything and it worked great an then oneday it froze so i forced it to shut down now when i turn it on it shows only a blackscreen all the lights come on just shows blackscreen and i have no cds for this computer so what can i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Not a lot you can do without CDs/DVDs for the system.

Is there a blinking cursor on the black screen (upper left corner)?

System manufacturer and model?

What does the F11 key do...and why did your friend use it?

Louis

#3 bj24

bj24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

there is no blinking cursor gateway windows xp model no.ma3 when he pressed f11 alot it brought sumthing up an it pretty much cleared everything and restored it to the way it was when it was bought

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

That model appears to be no longer supported by Gateway...I suggest that you try to restore to factory defaults again, using the F11 key.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users