My name is M-K-D-B
and I'll help you with the cleanup of your computer.Please be aware of the following:
Step 1We need to create an OTL Report
- Please complete all steps in the specified order.
- Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
- Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
- Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
- If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 3 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
- I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. Formatting is usually faster and always the safest way.
- If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
- As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Do not
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Step 3
Please download aswMBR
to your desktop.
Step 4I would like you to answer the following questions as exactly and detailed as you can:
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
- Click the Scan button to start the scan
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
What you should post with your next answer:
- How is your compter running at the moment?
- Do you have installed the Whitesmoke toolbar intentionally?
- both logfiles from OTL,
- the logfile from aswMBR,
- an answer to my questions,
- any further information that seems to be important in your eyes.