Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

print spooler shutting off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have a problem which is, unfortunately, recurrent. The computer will say: " no printers installed" when I go to print.

Usually, I would go to control panel, administration and click on the Services button or item. This would bring up a list of services which can run, either automatically, manually or not at all. I go down to Print Spooler and see whether it is started by clicking on it. If not, to the left, you can click on Start or ReStart.

You can also right click on the Print Spooler entry and check "properties". Various tabs come up. Go to the "Services Dependency" tab. This will tell you which services should be running in order for Print Spooler to run correctly. Write these down, then go back into the original service list, where you found Print Spooler, and look for the names of the services which you just wrote down, to be sure they are enabled. If they are not marked "automatically", change to setting to that for each "service dependency" item.

Now, if you exit the Administration and Control Panel, your printers should show up visually in "Printers" and your printer should print. Great.

BUT, in my case, it may print one or two things, but then the Print Spooler shuts off again and you have to go back and do the above, again and again.

My thought is a virus, but I do have AVG virus software operating and it has not detected anything. I also ran Malabytes spyware, but nothing.

Can anyone solve this problem for me? Oh yes, I did reboot the computer..problem remains.

44 Guy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Uninstall all printer software...then reinstall same.

louis

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

More easier way would be to

Stop the print spooler service

Press Windows+R key and copy this path

%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers

click ok

Delete the files in the folder

Restart the PC and try to print

good luck

#4 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Okay, Louis, I'll try this. Hope it works.

44guy

Uninstall all printer software...then reinstall same.

louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users