Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infection found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

I have a laptop that is infected. i ran a scan in malwarebytes, and this is what it found: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9e2p83sof7j8bmp. it had sounded like when he installed handbrake, he had clicked through all of the additional things installed, and this is where i am guessing that he got infected. i had him run a scan with sas, and it found about 835 items-mostly cookies. he had mcafee installed, and i had him install avast, since mcafee had expired.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi -
Please read This Page and follow the directions below to fully remove McAfee programs.

Many people think that since the free trial is finished they can just install over McAfee with another Antivirus, but it must be fully removed first

To remove McAfee software completely from your PC, first use Window's built-in system to uninstall McAfee software. Next, download the McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR.exe)
from the McAfee site: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
McAfee Removal Tool works on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 98 or Windows ME.

Update your Malwarebytes program and run a fresh quick scan again to make sure it is clean. Also check for updates in SAS and rescan -

Sorry but I got a dead link from Mediafire ??

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users