Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Open Source (Free) A+ Practice Exams

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hello, I was wanting to ask the board for general information regarding the A+ Exam and if anyone knew of open source or free A+ practice exams or study tools that I can take advantage of.

Also, I was wanting feed back from people who have already taken the exam on what they thought were the parts to reall study hard for.

Let me also include some info about myself, I took 2 years of Java programming in highschool, self taught computer user up until that point. Also, worked for 3+ Years in I.T. (uncertified) Now working at a Landscape Architecture company doing CAD support and Desktop support for the 2 offices in this particular state.

I am really wanting to buckle down to take this test and would appreciate any resources anyone can provide, and also things like typical time it takes to study for (because you have to schedule the exam before you even know if you're ready to take it) so im having trouble dealing with things of that nature.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

CompTIA Certification Testing Moving to a Single Vendor:
To simplify the overall testing experience for our certification candidates, CompTIA exams will be delivered exclusively with Pearson VUE via their network of more than 5,000 testing centers in 165 countries, effective July 9, 2012

Have you checked to see if they'll do walk in testing with no appointment?
http://certification.comptia.org/training/testingcenters.aspx

I can't recommend anybody for free practice tests since I've had mine for so many years. However a Google search using this phrase
a+ practice questions free
Yielded lots of results for me just now.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 16 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

I am taking the A+ Exam 220-701 this coming Saturday.

The one I am using is from this site. It requires you to join (free) before you can see the exams.

http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1

I did go out and bought a book with CD to look at and it cost me $30 dollars at a local book store.

I also ask anybody on here (on BC) on what to expect (this question is to any one who took this test already)?

Edited by herg62123, 18 July 2012 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Good Luck, I'll be interested in how you make out. When I took mine, years ago it was a breeze.

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hmmmmm - looks like I better look at other sites. Too bad there is not a section on certifications here on bleepingcomputer.
Posted Image

#6 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Well today is the day. I take the 220-701 in about 2 hours from this posting. Wish me luck!
Posted Image

#7 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just to let everyone know I passed the 220-701 test today with flying colors.
Posted Image

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Congratulations!

Roger

167 @ June 2015

#9 drwmbt

drwmbt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Found this website here with free A+ Practice exam software: http://www.proprofs.com/certification/comptia/a-plus/software/APlusSetup.exe , also they appear to have a forum dedicated to preparing Future A+ Exam takers with the tools/practice exams necessary with both paid and free tools.

Edited by drwmbt, 22 August 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#10 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I took the 220-702 Practical Exam today. As of right now I am A+ Certified.
Posted Image

#11 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Congratulations on finishing the A+ :thumbsup:

It is always nice to hear a success story.

Thanks for letting us know
Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users