Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 not launching after virus removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 nikyc

nikyc

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

It all started when I got a virus that not only slowed my netbook to a crawl but also played commercials in chunks of 2 minutes every 30 minutes even with my browser closed.I went online and got Kasperski and after many tryes it wont let me intallcause it said it was an exe file and I couldnt open.I went then to kasperski site and run a virus removal tool they have for situations like this ;I did and after the tool detected the viru(in the root)asked me if I wanted to remove it,I pressed yes and strted showing the red bar growing deleting the virus and when it was about 90% it went to bluescreen and turned off.
Now when press the power button ,loads the dell logo and starting windows and then a flicker of bluescreen and starts with a loop of the same over and over.
I tried all the options,wont start in safe mode,completelly unresponsive,did the system diagnostics and everything says pass,the recovery shows no recent restore points,and also did the dell recovery (like a windows 7 reinstall)even choosing the option to delete all my personal files and changes,and still the same;it wont launch the os.
Does anybody have any ideas of what can I do?
It is a Dell inspiron mini netbook from Att with the data connection card,dont have any windows disk,it only came with a dell drivers and utilities cd(the netbook does not have any optical drive,just USB connections)
Thanks to anybody that can help with this

Edited by hamluis, 15 July 2012 - 04:44 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Hello, and sorry for the delay.

We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  • When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  • Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
    Posted Image
  • When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
    Posted Image
Please post me the error(s).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Sorry Elise for the late reply,but I can only use (for working hours reasons)my comp at home on the week ends.
I tried those instructions but the problem is that the blue screen is just a flicker,not enough time to read anything,I even tried attaching a dvd/cd to the usb with a windows xp from my old computer and even checking to boot from the external devices it wont lauch it.Did the system restore and is no restore points ,did the windows seven to put it in factory as if was never used erasing my files and everything to see if with a fresh start it would work and nothing,just the same loop;Dell logo with the bar at the bottom(as is loading)then the sign "starting windows" with the three color things going in circles as usual and then the blue screen flickers for about 1/2 sec and then the Dell sign again as loading and that is the vicious cicle

Edited by nikyc, 21 July 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Please try to follow my instructions and select the "disable automatic restart on system failure" option. That'll keep the bsod on screen.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#5 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sorry for being stubborn Elise!!
It say:

check for viruses in your computer.remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers.check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption,and then restart your computer

Technical information:

*** Stop:0x0000007b (0x80786b58,0xc000000d,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Thanks a lot

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Please start the computer and tap F8 until the Advanced Boot Options menu comes up. Select Repair Windows and press enter.

After the Recovery Environment loads, select language/keyboard settings and insert your password if asked. Then click Command Prompt.

At the command prompt type the following lines and press enter after each line.

d:

chkdsk /r

When asked if you want to unmount the volume confirm. If the diskcheck doesn't start after that repeat the command.

Let the disk check finish unhindered. Note, this may take a long time. After it finishes, restart the computer and let me know if you still get the BSOD.

regards, Elise

#7 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

same as it was,with the looping flashing blue screen ,I did the f8 again and the blue screen is the same as before

#8 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

How long did the disk check take? If it was fast, please repeat the steps, but now type c: instead of d:

regards, Elise

#9 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

how I know when it finished? Im doing it with C: now
Thanks for your time
I really apreciate your help Elise!

#10 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

You'll see a progress indicator on screen (x %, together with a description or number of what it is doing).

Once finished you'll return to the prompt (c:\> or d:\>). Be aware that especially the last part of this scan can take a very long time.

regards, Elise

#11 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Sorry to say,but,same results

#12 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

Did the disk check complete an both c: and d:?

regards, Elise

#13 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

both c and d finished and the results are as before

#14 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Please start your computer and tap F10 until the Edit Boot Menu options screen comes up. Please let me know what is listed there between the brackets ([.... ]).

regards, Elise

#15 nikyc

nikyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

partition:3
hard disk:edec71a
[/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN/MININT (at the end of the minint is a vertical tripple space wide white bar and at the end right hand one line lower is the ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users