Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE8 and you tube

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Okay I have always been able to watch video music tunes on youtube using IE8 on my XP laptop. Since I have done a reformat I now get I need to download the latest flash player, version 11 I think it is ,which I have done and the download and installation was successful according to the download conformation. But still when I go to watch any music on youtube I get the same message..??? So any ideas with this thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hi -
You are correct with Flash player, version 11, but have you checked in Control Panel > Add / Remove that this is the only version installed ?
Please look to make sure that it is listed -

Thank You -

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Thanks for your help here. Surprisingly enough it is not listed yet when I downloaded and installed it I got the message istalation successful...???

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

Visit their site download Flashplayer, check for updates, and see what is in Add / Remove

Then try a video again and see if the update stayed,
http://adobe-flash-player-ie.en.softonic.com/ << Link added -

Edited by noknojon, 16 July 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Okay I have downloaded it again and it is showing in the add/remove programs. BUT now when I try to watch the youtube music number I get this message.
The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 browser is required. Well I have the latest Adobe Flash Player so something must be out of order...??

On my W7 laptop no problems.

#6 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

As a matter of interest I down loaded Chrome tried the youtube tune I was wanting to hear and had no problems. So it is and IE8 problem but what...???

#7 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

Okay I have solved the problem and should have thought of it earlier myself..??? I clicked on tools/internet options/advanced/reset. Bingo I was back in business the flash player was working again as it should.

Thanks for your time Noknojon... :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users