Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting Search Engine Virus and "GAC_32\Desktop.ini"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dgamm562

dgamm562

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hello All,

First of all, I am so happy I found this forum. :lol: I've known others who have used it, recommended it and read other forum posts and this forum is a miracle maker! So thank you to the team of people who maintain this forum and answer so many questions! Anyways, on to what is wrong with my computer.

When I search with Google or Yahoo!, and click a link I am redirected to a advertisement site instead of the link I intended to visit. I performed Malware Bytes and Spybot Search and Destroy scans but, nothing was found. Then I noticed that my Avast! was unsecured and after fixing that and performing a full scan it found 11 threats. According to the file names they were located on my C drive in the "Windows" folder then "assembly" and "Installer" folders. Here's a screenshot of my Avast! Scan results.

Posted Image

I haven't deleted them because, after reading some previous threads on this site, that doesn't look like the absolute way to get rid of them. I would like to know how to exterminate them for good.

I am using Window 7 64-bit OS and Firefox

So thank you for you help! I will appreciate it.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 July 2012 - 12:53 PM.
Moved from Windows 7 to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dgamm562

dgamm562
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Second issue: My internet access and programs are beginning to move slowly too. A program will take more time to start up than it used to. I have recent installed a few games. Could that be the problem?

Thank you for your future help. :lol:

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

We need advanced tools to remove this one

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck

#4 dgamm562

dgamm562
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Thank you very much, NarenXp. :)

Edited by dgamm562, 18 July 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

You're welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users