Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Update Flash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 png

png

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

Hi,

I'm asking a question about the flash plug-ins. I frequently visit websites using a lot of flash, so it always says that I haven't updated. I log on as Admin and do it. The only thing is that the update doens't go to the other members of the computer as well. I've gone to the website and updated, but the websites still say I need updates. I check the version number and I'm still stuck with version 8 while the Admin has Version 10. How can I update for non-Admins?

(I log on as Administrator only to fix things or install things. Otherwise, I use a member account w/o Admin priviliges)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hi There,

There are actually two different players provided to the general public by Macromedia (now Adobe) that handle media:

1. Macromedia Shockwave Player (current version 10.1.11)

2. Macromedia Flash Player (current version 8.0.22.0)

Visit Test Macromedia Shockwave & Flash Players to find out if you have the updated versions of both players at the same time.

Note from the site:
If you already have Macromedia Shockwave Player, these movies may trigger an automatic update to your players. Follow the instructions in the dialog boxes that appear to complete the update. Updates can take several minutes with a standard modem connection.

You also should be aware that when you use either of the players, you are downloading information from the site that the media is located. If you have your less privalaged accounts set not to download files from the internet, then this may be your problem.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 turnip

turnip

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

I guess you are looking for flash plugin for the browser ! If firefox when it says pluging is missing, just follow the instruction it will download by itself and install, you just need to keep clicking next.

For IE, go to macromedia website to download and install. I guess the previous member's (nosnhoj#3) solution should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users