Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe.-Application Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kymakmsc

kymakmsc

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c9313c0" refrenced memory at "0x00000005". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.

It was rather disturbing to receive the captioned error message popping up on the PC all day long, other than resort to disk formatting, is there a solid way to get rid of this error thoroughly and permanently?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Flash is a sometimes annoying piece of software and in no means a critical Windows component, so:

NO, don't re-install!!!

Just press the direct-link to the official Flash Uninstaller here: Direct Download Link
Or find it on the official Adobe site here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller
Save it to your desktop, close down all applications, and double click the file you just downloaded.
That will un-install the Flash you have on your system. Reboot and the problem should be solved.

Optionally, after you are sure it's solved, you could re-install the latest version of Flash right here: http://get.adobe.com/en/flashplayer/
But most software and applications run fine without it, so only do so if you're sure you even need it.

\0/
-Sec

#3 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thank you for your quick response! Will have a try now and come back to you later.

#4 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

You're welcome :)

#5 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Many thanks for your favourable assistance. The search funtion (S) reported no traces of Flash. Neither could I locate it in Drive C nor in the add/remove area of the control panel. I,in fact,know nothing about Adobe Flash. It often appeared automatically on the screen each time I switched on my PC. Thank you once again for your saving my time looking here and there and it is highly unlikely I would touch on this program from now on.

#6 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I take it the problem is fixed then :)

#7 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

I would think so unless there are other unforseeable incidents arisen. Your advice is much appreciated.

#8 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Thank you :)

#9 VicVegas

VicVegas

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Glad I found this. Adobe must have put out a bad update because I've had this exact same problem on all of my Windows XP computers, as well as Flash crashing occasionally on all my Vista and 7 computers. I simply turned off the auto update on flash, but now I'll go and fix it this way.

#10 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

You and I had landed on an Treasure Island.

#11 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

Thank you for the nice words kymakmsc and VicVegas, we REALLY appreciate your positive responses!

\0/
-Sec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users