Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

106 error message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skydan

skydan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hi,

I have a laptop running Windows Vista with Firefox as my browser. As of a couple of days ago, it has refused to play any video content, Youtube, newsfeeds, etc. It displays the message "An error occurred. Please try again later.", and occasionally refers to an "106 error" or a "#106 error"

It still plays dvds ok.

Has anyone else come across this recently, or have advice as to the best way to fix it?

Thanks,

skydan

Edited by hamluis, 15 July 2012 - 01:27 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

• Does IE work properly?
  • Did you try updating FF? (select "About Firefox" in the menu)
  • Are you running any extension in FF?
  • Is the rest of your system up to date?

-Sec

#3 skydan

skydan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi Sec,

FF is up to date and I don't have any extensions.

IE isn't working properly. Each time I try to open it, I get a menu box headed "Content Advsor - home.mywebsearch(part of this address deleted for safety)"
The first line inside the box says "Content Advisor will not allow you to see this website" with an "OK" and "Cancel" buttons beside it (Pressing OK closes IE, and Cancel goes to a refresh the page option)
The next line says "This page may contain some or all of the following:" followed by "This page does not have a rating." inside a scroll box.
Below that is a big key symbol and "If you still want to see this website, someone must type in the supervisor password"

Below that are three button options:
O Always allow this website to be viewed
O Always allow this webpage to be viewed
O Allow viewing only this time (This one has a blued button)

Below this is a "Hint" box, with a correct hint to my supervisor password, and below that a box to enter the password.

Needless to say this menu box opens before I have the chance to enter any search terms.

The whole thing seems irretrievably tied in with "Mywebsearch" and just goes round in circles.

What do you think?

Thanks,

skydan

Edited by skydan, 15 July 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#4 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Warning bells start ringing immediatly when reading that website!!!
Could you be so kind to remove that link you posted in order to protect others please?

Furthermore, I think you have something I cannot handle, nor am allowed to do.
Please read > THIS LINK < and act accordingly or wait until a BC malware helper finds this topic, I'm sorry. :(

Good luck, at least you came to the right place!

-Sec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users