Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Indicator - HPID09?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Brother just got a new HP computer and after I got rid of all the crap-ware and installed the usual updates and free programs (Zonealarm, AVG, Spyware Blaster, Malwarebytes, etc.), all of a sudden started getting the following (after booting into Win7) and wondered what the Hell's going on:

Access violation at address 70D91A3B in module 'HID.DLL'. Read of address 0158ADE8.

And:

Access violation at address 00401C62 i module 'BATINDICATOR.exe'. Read of address 000002DC.

Is the battery screwed up for some reason on a new computer? And the only thing we've done is just click the "X" and continue and the computer seems to work okay. Not sure if we need to take this thing back or not.

Thanks for any assistance. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Well Google gets some very odd answers at times ...................... ??

I get two error messages after my computer boots up. The text in the first one says "Access violation at address 00401D54 Batindicator.exe read of address 000002dc.
The text in the second error message read, access violation at address 75FA3b in module HID.DLL read of address 0144CDA8.
From Windows 7 Forum = "Check your HDD for errors. Run chkdsk /r"

Access Violation at address 73C61A3B in module 'HID.DLL'. Read of address 0157D3B8.
Access Violation at address 00401C62 in module 'BATINDICATOR.exe'. Read of address 000002DC.
From HP = "was it the CMOS battery that needed changing?"
Also from HP - "Your batteries are failing. It happens"

Edited by noknojon, 15 July 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#3 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

What exactly did you remove under the category "CRAPWARE" ???
It could be you removed a software-based device that monitors the state of your battery.

-Sec

#4 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

What exactly did you remove under the category "CRAPWARE" ???
It could be you removed a software-based device that monitors the state of your battery.

-Sec

Just the usual stuff like trial programs like Norton (and used the Norton Removal Tool to do it) and game stuff that my brother wouldn't use. Nothing major.

#5 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

So, do I just replace the battery then?

#6 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Sorry for the late reply!

You can take it back and mention the problem, this would be rather smart in the case the battery is soldered to the MoBo, as you cannot easily replace it later on.

You also could Speccy from > HERE < and run the appriopriate version for your OS (32 or 64 bit).
On the left side, press the 'Motherboard' tab. On the right side, you will now see 'voltage', if not opened press it once and look for 'CMOS battery'

What is the Voltage listed?

-Sec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users