You have what is needed, so, let's press on...
May want to print
these instructions so you can have access to follow them.
Please plug a flash drive into a clean
Go to Start
, and select the flash drive.
Right-click and select: (Quick) Format
on the Format
Remove when done.
Now, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool]
Save the program to the >> USB flash drive.
Next, plug the flash drive into the infected
Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select your language settings, and click: Next
- Select your User account and click: OK (If you did not set a password, leave blank.)
On the System Recovery Options
menu you get the following options:
- Startup Repair
- System Restore
- Windows Complete PC Restore
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Scan your computer's memory for errors.
- Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt
- In the Command window, at the bliking cursor type notepad and press: Enter
- In Notepad, under the File menu select: Open
- Double-click Computer, find the flash drive letter, remember what letter it is, click on it, and press: Open
- Close out of Notepad.
- Click the Command window
- Type g:\frst64.exe, and press: Enter
Note: Replace the drive letter g with the drive letter of your flash drive, if necessary!
- The tool starts and prepares to run. Follow the prompts.
- Click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- The program saves the FRST.txt, on the flash drive.
- Click the Command prompt window, type exit, and press: Enter
- Back at the System Recovery Options, press: ShutDown, or Restart
Please provide the FRST.txt
(located in the flash drive) in your reply.