Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange behavior

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sloboat

sloboat

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

need advice on repairing laptop. problem started two weeks ago, after booting up & the desktop appears a window shows up & follows the cursor everywhere, then everything stops responding except the cursor. i can move it around but nothing responds to clicking. ctrl/alt/delete lets me go back & restart, but the same thing happens again. the window that follows the cursor around is the one that opens when you rclick an empty space in the taskbar. it,s a 10 month old lenovo laptop,i3 processor, win7, using ie9 browser. i've run full scans with malwarebytes & mse & nothing was found. also ran ccleaner. please help. sloboat.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Probably, this is hard-ware related.

Options:
  • Right mouse button on your laptop hangs, is dirty or otherwise obstructed or damaged. -> Solution, try cleaning it if you haven't before. Also, wiggling it around and/or place a vacuum-cleaner on a 45 degree angle (DO NOT PLACE IT DIRECTLY ON TOP!!!) over the button to suck out loose dust. NEVER TOUCH THE LAPTOP with the vacuum-cleaner!!! Canned air would be even better.
  • Also, the touch-pad itself could be damaged. -> Solution, buy a wireless mouse with USB connector and turn of the touch-pad in the device manager all together.

Please let us know if this fixes your problem,

\0/
-Sec

#3 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

thanks SC3, i'll buy a wireless mouse @ try that. i'll post back with results.

#4 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

OK, please do.

We might have to turn off the pad's drivers manually, but I'll wait on a reaction from you first!

\0/
-Sec

#5 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

the problem seems to have fixed itself. purchased a wireless mouse yesterday, booted up & lo & behold, everything worked fine. if the problem returns i'll try the mouse & post back with the results. thanks. sloboat

#6 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wow, that's a bit odd, thanks for letting us know though!

-Sec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users