Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update did something screwy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AlexandraMW

AlexandraMW

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

I did Windows Update and let it restart my computer. When I restarted, though, it would only let me sign in as "other user". I tried signing in as a guest and it said my account was disabled. I tried entering my username and password and it said my username and password were incorrect. I tried entering safe mode but it won't do that without username/password. I got my brother-in-law to try and help me- we went into BIOS but couldn't find System Restore or anything to undo whatever Windows Update did. What am I supposed to do if I can't even sign in to my laptop?
The laptop is an HP 635 running Windows 7.

Edited by AlexandraMW, 14 July 2012 - 04:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

hi, try hitting f8 on bootup ,and choose the repair windows option in the list ,might help

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 AlexandraMW

AlexandraMW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I tried that, I can't get anywhere without signing in... which it won't let me do. I guess I need to shell out for the repair CD.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

no you should be able to get to the f8 boot options with out signing in ,as soon as you turn on the computer start repeatedly hitting the f8 key until you get the boot options ,
so you don't have a win7 disk for your computer ,if you do you could run repair from it

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 Chris Appleyard

Chris Appleyard

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic460757.html

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
-Nelson Mandela

Windows 7 Home Premium | AMD Athlon II 250 Dual Core CPU | 4.0 RAM Kingston | Nvidia GT 520 | Elite Group MCP61M-M3 Motherboard | COMODO Firewall | Avast! Free | Google Chrome.

#6 Wds 7

Wds 7

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Look likes the best option for you is to buy a set of recovery disc to reinstall the windows .
Start fresh ..

Good luck.

#7 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

nordahl nt password might help you in this case. it allows you to remove the password on your account.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

hth!

TFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users