Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Phoenix Exploit Kit Type 769

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 funky munky

funky munky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hello good people. On any computer when I try to open a site called Free Docs (Documentaries)I always get
the message "AVG has blocked the Phoenix Exploit Kit Type 769". I like the site and haven't been able to log onto it for almost two months. I suppose I should be trying to contact the webmaster but I wanted to try Bleeping first.
ky
Great site, this is my first time on it. If anyone has dealt with this can you let me know if you were able to resolve it?

Thanks so very much~ Funky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Phoenix exploit kit
AVG detects this somewhat active Webthreat and its 6 known variants.
http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/phoenix-exploit-kit/

Phoenix exploit kit is a threat that is spreading. It is currently ranked 10 in the world for online threats. Phoenix exploit kit has been detected by AVG on victims' machines in 180 countries during the last month. There are currently 190 websites in 26 countries that host Phoenix exploit kit.

Are you sure the website is safe?

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 13 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,900 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

<<...a site called Free Docs...>>

I don't find such a website, using Google.

I do find http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ and my AV does not alert on it.

Louis

#4 funky munky

funky munky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

Thanks both of you, I will try topdoc films asap. I think the site is safe but someone infected it with a virus.

Love this site, 1st time here.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users