Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer turns off after turning on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matthewolavydez

matthewolavydez

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

i was able to use my pc late at night and turned it off correctly then when i open it when i wake up it turns off after 1-2 seconds, yes you will hear the fan but after it shuts automatically, i researched and most of the issues that i read are concerned about the power supply which im not that good at, and i dont want to risk myself touching the box due to high voltage, and now after 4 days probably, when i turn it on it worked? oh btw, im using this pc that turned off to write this post so im really surprised it worked somehow? any ideas? is it shortcircuit? how will i know? because im afraid that i after i turn this off again it will not open again.

Edited by hamluis, 14 July 2012 - 12:30 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LCS_Tech

LCS_Tech

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

IMO, that is a telltale sign that the power supply is starting to flake out. I would purchase a replacement and swap them out.

#3 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

I am guess you are using a laptop by this statement "when i open it"? If so have you tried removing the battery and just plugging in the power without the battery inserted? If this works it just means your battery needs to be replaced.

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

INTEL OVERCLOCKED rig (OLD)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users