Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extreme amount of Windows errors/events, crashes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RonnieShoe

RonnieShoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 32bit 2 gig

Hello and thank you in advance for any help.

I have been encountering an extreme amount of errors/events, system crashes/dumps recently. There are so many, that I would like to just post my event log but I'm not sure how to do that.

Things that I have done recently before all of the errors, that may or may not be related:

I began having problems with my printer, so I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall with the USB (which always worked for me in the past) but my computer doesn't recognize it (yet it beeps when I plug it in).

Updated to newer version of Avast, Windows updates

I noticed a lot of Bonjour in the the event viewer, so I tried to uninstall but the Windows installer quits. After several reboots, Bonjour is no longer in the add/remove programs list. I also uninstalled all Apple programs.

Edited by RonnieShoe, 13 July 2012 - 12:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I would perform a system restore back to before the problem occurred.

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

INTEL OVERCLOCKED rig (OLD)

Posted Image

#3 RonnieShoe

RonnieShoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thank you, but I had no system restore points. Which is odd because there was a restore point two days ago, and then it was gone.

I also tried to restore to factory settings and got a Recovery Manager Error 100a, whatever that is.

I then ran a disk check at start up and it found some bad sectors. Not sure what else to do, I don't have any risky software or browsing, but I ran Avast, Super Anti-spyware, and Malwarebytes, and the only thing that came up was tracking cookies.

I'm no computer whiz, but it seems to me their is a conflict and it appears to have begun when I tried to reinstall my printer. I guess I will just keep searching for answers. Thanks anyway for the help :)

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

The hard drive is most likely failing!

:exclame: Backup important personal files to a physically separate device now! :exclame:

Minimise your use of the system after dong that, but please do the following so that I may get a look at the hard drive's S.M.A.R.T data to assess its current state.

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.

This is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users