Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rouge fake anti-malware application Live Security Platinum Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Distorted Axis

Distorted Axis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi,

My girlfriends computer was infected this morning while she was working at home. Neither of us are really sure how it became infected since she was replying to e-mail via outlook at the time it started coming up on the screen.
We would really appreciate help on trying to remove it.

Her operating system is: Windows XP Pro (2002 Version) Running SP3

Thanks,

-Jason.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M-K-D-B

M-K-D-B

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi Jason,

I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Please give me some time to look it over and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Regards,
M-K-D-B

#3 M-K-D-B

M-K-D-B

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,592 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi Jason,

:welcome: to BleepingComputer.

My name is M-K-D-B and I'll help you with the cleanup of your computer.

Please be aware of the following:
  • Please complete all steps in the specified order.
  • Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
  • Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
  • Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
  • Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
  • If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 3 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
  • I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. Formatting is usually faster and always the safest way.
  • If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
  • As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.

Step 1
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Step 2
Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
  • The application window will appear
  • Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.

Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.

Step 3
Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

What you should post with your next answer:
  • both logfiles from DDS,
  • the logfile from aswMBR,
  • any further information that seems to be important in your eyes.

Regards,
M-K-D-B

#4 M-K-D-B

M-K-D-B

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,592 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi Jason,

do you still need help with you computer?
If you don't respond within the next 48 hours, your topic will be closed.
Regards,
M-K-D-B

#5 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users