Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ZA upgrade has paralysed my smileys

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

I have just upgraded ZA to the 5.5.062.000 - with some trepidation after problems with the earlier version 5 upgrades.
Now my smileys and everyone's avatars have stopped being animated! I haven't changed anything in Firefox, and can't work out what setting has been altered. I know it's not important.....but I liked it as it was! :thumbsup:
Anyone any ideas?
Luci2a

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 luci2a

luci2a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:07 PM

Sorted! Unchecked the "animation" in the ad blocking section of the "privacy" control. Hope I don't get dozens of ads now!
:thumbsup:

Luci2a

#3 luci2a

luci2a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:44 AM

Hmm. Some of the smileys animate and some don't, makes no difference whether ad blocking animation is on or off. Grinler is still running with his scissors even with it blocked.
Thanks for listening whilst I think aloud!
If anyone has any ideas.....
Luci2a

#4 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:38 PM

IU ran Zone Alarm for a while.It created so many problems that i ditched it,although there was one version,i can't remember the exact version,maybe 4.5 that didn't crash everything in sight,but this was rather old.
Sorry this does not help very much.
Philip

#5 JeanInMontana

JeanInMontana

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:33 PM

Hi try this go to Internet Options>Advanced>Multimedia>"Play animations in web pages"make sure it is checked. Also are you using any sort of web accelerator ? A member of another group I belong to had the same problems and it was actually the accelerator causing the problem. He was able to right click and enable the animations. HTH

#6 luci2a

luci2a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:38 AM

Hi Jean
I have IE set as you suggest, but I use Firefox nearly all of the time. Apart from some of the gifs not animating, my favourite online UK streetmap doesn't work in FF either. These are baffling as in IE now I can't see any gifs at all on this site, but the streetmap works. With FF most of the gifs are animated, but not Grinler now!
I'm not using an accelerator.
Philip, I too had problems with ZA and reverted to the 4.5 version, but I have now upgraded to 5.5 with only the problems mentioned here.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Luci2a

Edited by luci2a, 16 November 2004 - 05:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users